Monday, February 8, 2010

Before and After

I was given this piece of fleece several months ago. I think it was supposed to be a blanket but it wasn't even big enough to be a lap blanket.




Anyway, I liked the print and decided I needed to use it for something else. One day I was in Target and saw these pillow inserts and it came to me what to do with the fleece.



I cut the fleece in half so I could make two pillows. I used a buttonhole stitch around the edges and around the buttonholes (imagine that!)  I made the fleece like a big buttoned envelope so that I can slip it off and wash it at any time.





It was really quick to make and the fleece is really soft so it makes it great to snuggle up with to watch t.v. When I bought the pillows at Target they were less than $5.00 each. That's less than I usually can find the pillow forms for around here. lol


In other news I've been working on knitting a sweater for quite some time now. I finally got all the pieces stitched together and tried it on. Gaah!! It was awful! It was supposed to be long sleeved, but the sleeves only came to my elbows and they were tight as all get out. For just a flash I actually contemplated trying to save it. Then I looked at the pile of things I already have waiting to be done/finished I just put it in the trash. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

No comments: