Monday, June 3, 2013

A New Look

Every year my parents give us one of those big tins of popcorn. And every year the kids devour it and I throw the tin away. Well, this year I decided to try to make something useful from it.

It started like this:



I roughed it up with some steel wool. (Not the mafia kind of roughed up, just a little scratching the finish. HA!)

Then I coated it with a thin layer of mod podge and applied a couple of sheets of scrap booking paper. Of course it needed two sheets plus about 1-1/2 inch of a third sheet of paper. One of my daughters was quick to point out that I didn't match the seams.

I sent her to her room.

Not really, but I did tell her not to inspect my work so closely.


Here's the finished product. Well, maybe finished. I have paper to do the lid but haven't done it yet. I can't decide if I should or not. I mean, the red actually matches.


So, I did this with no idea of what I was going to use it for. But this morning I think I actually decided to use it to hold the wild bird food. Right now it's just in the bag sitting on my pantry floor and won't this look so much better than that?

If I keep making things that are cute to hold the stuff in my pantry I'm going to have to take the door off and force people to go look at it when they come to my house.

No comments: