Thursday, June 26, 2014

DIY Face Powder

I've seen that you can make your own face powder all over the net. I've looked at a ton of different sites and found instructions from easy to complicated.

Well, since I'm all about the easy, I decided to try the most basic of powders......two ingredients.


Yep! That's it.

I started with about 2 Tablespoons (heaping) of corn starch and added the cocoa powder in 1/2 teaspoon at a time. I think this is about 1 1/2 teaspoons.




I tried it as a powder foundation, but I prefer a little more coverage. But, I love it as a loose powder over my regular foundation. The corn starch really helps with taming the shine from my summer oily skin.


The actual recipe that I found used arrow root powder, but I had corn starch on hand so that's what I used. So far it has worked for me just fine. I also saw recipes that included nutmeg or cinnamon to adjust the color. I tried with a little nutmeg, but found it to be too grainy. I didn't try the cinnamon because I was happy with what I've got. One word of caution though, always be careful when using cinnamon to be applied to the skin. It can irritate the skin very quickly. It won't take much. That's why I didn't even bother. It wasn't worth risking it. I've made other beauty products (like scrubs) that I use cinnamon in, but not for my face.

So, if you want to try something else to make for yourself (and costs about 25 cents) give this a go. I'm loving it so far!

No comments: