Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter goodness

Sorry it's been so long....AGAIN!!


Today is the final day for tax filing or extensions to be filed so maybe I can get back to 'normal' after that.


*fingers crossed*


All three of my girls are really into doing their nails right now. They're always trying something new.


Kirsten did these bunnies on her nails and I just thought they were adorable!!

She painted one of my thumbs like that, but I managed to smear the whole face before it got dry.


Hmmm. Must be why I don't usually paint my fingernails. lol


This year my kids still wanted to dye eggs. Since I haft to boil so many (usually at least 4 dozen) I decided to try something new that I had seen online somewhere (probably from Pinterest. LOL) It usually takes several pots to get all of the eggs boiled but this year I BAKED them.


Yes I did!!


It was sooooooo easy!!

I put a cookie sheet on the bottom rack just in case there were any breaks and then just lined the middle rack with my eggs. That's all four dozen at once!!

Preheat the oven to 325F. Then load the middle rack with your eggs. Bake for 30 minutes.


When they are done, carefully move them into ice water to stop the cooking. I had to fill my sink with water and ice to accommodate all those eggs.


That's it.

They turned out great! I was a little concerned at first because there were brown spots on the eggs when I took them out of the stove. But, when I put them in the cold water, the spots disappeared.

Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments: