Monday, November 9, 2009

Before & After

Well, I don't really have a 'before'. I forgot to take a picture until I had already started painting so I guess it's really a during & after.


When I was in the thrift store there was a little wooden sign that said 'no vacancy' on it. I paid $3 for it which is probably too much but it's one of the few times that I've looked at something and known exactly what I wanted to do with it so I paid the $3.


While I can certainly relate to the 'no vacancy' sentiment (since I usually feel like my house runneth over) I wanted to do something else with the sign.


Here's the during....




It started off an off white color.


As you can see, I painted the outside red. Awhile back, I bought some chalkboard contact paper. That's what I used for the center.




I haven't yet decided whether I want to distress it with some sandpaper or leave it like it is. What do you think?


I'm quite happy with it either way. Now, I can write what we're having for dinner instead of having to answer all four kids and the hubby individually. (They never ask when anyone else is around to hear the answer too so I have to keep answering the same question over and over. lol)

No comments: