That's not including the ones that I had to throw away because they had gotten too bruised.
The first task at hand was to skin them all. They weren't quite ripe yet so I had to let them sit for a couple more days. Then I put them in slightly boiling water for about 20-30 seconds. Next you remove them into a bath of ice water for another 20-30 seconds. I moved them from there to another bowl to wait for me to remove the skins. If your peaches are ripe the skins will just peel off, if not, they will still stick to the peach. Also, I worked this in an assembly line fashion because the pot I was using would only hold 6-8 peaches at a time (depending on their size.)
After they were all cut up, I took the bad ones that I had pulled out earlier, all of the skins, the pits, and some potting soil and dumped it in a corner by our pasture. I'm hoping that next spring I will be able to see some peach tree sprouts. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
I cut up and froze three quart sized bags of them.
I made a peach cobbler.
It was really good. I used this recipe from Center Cut Cook. It was really quick and easy to put together.
I also cut up a bunch to can, but never got around to that. Just ate them as they were.
We are loving Summer's bounty and the generosity of friends.