Friday, May 28, 2010

For the girls....

My girls were all in the Honors Choir this spring at school. They had a big production at the end of the year, Long Live Rock And Roll.

The show was the best!!!

But, you can't have a rock 'n roll show without poodle skirts....

I didn't mae the middle skirt. It was left over from a Halloween costume.

I took this one of them walking inside the school so that you can see that we did up the whole outfit.

The girls liked their skirts better than the other girls' skirts. They orded a bunch from some place and they were all just wrap around with velcro, so my girls felt a little more special in theirs. lol

Hey, whatever keeps me looking like a hero for as long as possible, right? They're going to be teenagers before I know it and who knows if I'll do anything right when that happens. Gotta' go for the glory while I still can. lol

Thursday, May 27, 2010

More Stitching

In the last post I showed how I printed out my patterns on the transfer-eze.

Here's a few of the pieces stitched.

After this step, you soak the stitchery in water and the transfer-eze is supposed to dissolve. I think it should be totally gone within one minute.

I haven't tried that part yet. I've still got some more stitching to do before I'm ready to start  cutting the sqaures out.

So far I'm thrilled with how it's working. I can't wait to see how it dissolves.

At this point it's still a product I highly reccomment (I might even love it. lol)

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm back!!!

WOW!!!! I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted. I've had good intentions about getting it done but it kind of ends there. It's been crazy between tax season and getting through the end of the school year with the kids. Next year is the big transition into junior high so there's been much to do there.


I have been getting some things done, just haven't posted them.

Have y'all used Transfer Eze? OMG!!! I'm loving it!

I have been working on the Noah's Ark monthly stitch-a-long but my fabric was just too thick to get it traced on there. I have tried a number of techniques in order to transfer the pattern and I just could not get a good transfer. I mean, these patterns are pretty small. So, I had given up on ever finishing the project.

I came across Transfer Eze through another site and decided to give it a try. At this point, I figured it certainly couldn't hurt.

First I cut out several of the patterns and taped them onto one sheet of paper and then scanned that into my computer.

Then, I just printed this image onto the Transfer Eze.

This product is not paper, it's like a fabric that will go through the printer and it's backed with paper. The paper peels off and the fabric is sticky on the back. I just cut out each pattern and stick it onto my fabric for stitching. (I'll show you those pictures soon.)

After you're done stitching, this product dissolves in water.

Yeah, just that easy.

I highly reccommend it!! Just think of all the things that I can stitch on now. lol

Oh, and you can get it from here and here.