My girls got a couple of bags of hand-me-down clothes a few months ago. There were many things that they liked that will be well used. The things that they didn't care much for have been passed on for others to use.
One of the shirts that Abigail liked, though, had a stain on the front and another on the back. She was really disappointed so I told her that I would see what I could do to fix it.
This is what I came up with.
I had a dress that I had kept from when they were little because I just loved the little blue flower print.
Anyway, I used the bottom of the dress to make a ruffle on the bottom of the shirt. Then I cut out flowers (it only took one to cover the stain) and stitched those on. There's a single flower on the back of the shirt covering the stain there.
It still didn't feel 'done' so I dug through my stash and found the blue buttons for the flower centers. Originally I had picked out all matching buttons, but I decided I liked the idea of each one being different instead.
Then, to finish it off, I cut the ties off of the dress, opened the side seams in the shirt, and added the ties.
Abigail was really happy with the makeover and I am too.