Thursday, May 16, 2013

Cream Cheese Cake Mix Cookies

I saw this recipe on facebook, so I don't know where it came from and this is all just from memory.



Anyway, I made these cookies with white chocolate M&Ms in them. They taste really good, and they stay soft and chewy.


(Obviously photographing food is not one of my strong points.)


Cream Cheese Cake Mix Cookies

8 oz. package cream cheese - softened
1/4 cup butter - softened
1 egg
1 box yellow (or white) cake mix
add-ins of choice

Cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth.

Add in egg and continue to mix until fully incorporated.

Slowly stir in cake mix. The dough will get thick.

Add in your treat of choice. (I used white chocolate M&Ms but would be good with all kinds of things.....chocolate chips, toffee chips, chopped peanut butter cups or snickers bars, etc.)

Bake at 375 F for 10 minutes.



Like I said, the cookies are really good. But, a word of warning......

I make a batch of cookie dough, but then only make 8 cookies to put into my children's lunch each day. I made this dough in the morning so the first batch of cookies was a breeze. Then I put the leftover dough into a container and put it in the fridge. Well, the next morning when I made the cookies the dough was a sticky mess. The cookies still tasted great, but once you chill this dough it's VERY sticky and hard to work with. But, the silver lining here is that it really sticks to the spoon so once I get the dough on the cookie sheet there's still a big glob left stuck to the spoon and what choice do I really have but to eat it? So maybe it's not so bad that it's sticky after all..............

No comments: