Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Where does the time go?

Soooooooooooo, a short 6 months later and here I am again. What?! How does that even happen. Time passes so quickly. Sheesh!!!

Instead of a New Year's resolution, I went with a focus word for this year once again. For 2019 I've decided that my focus is going to be 'DONE'. I have so many things in progress (crafting and everyday life) that I just want to get some of them done. Wish me luck!!

What even got me moving in that direction (craft wise) is a piece I had stitched years ago. It was a Christmas piece and over time had gotten loose in the hoop I had used to finish it. For years I had been telling myself that I needed to fix it. For years! I finally decided that enough was enough and I needed to just get that done.


So I did.

Here's the piece from before....


It was getting all loose and stretched out in the frame. Not to mention that over the years it had also gotten dirty.

I had glued that baby in place and, to be honest, I did one heck of a job doing it. I had a devil of a time getting that piece out. I didn't want to just cut it because I didn't have all that much room around it. In the end, I had to break that hoop into pieces to get the stitching out of there.

After all of that, it deserved a little time at the spa.


After a good soaking, drying, and pressing, I put it back together in a new finish.


I bought a package of cloth napkins and used them to make a pillow cover. I stitched the cross stitch piece near the edge and then covered my stitch line with some gold trim that I hand stitched on so that I could hide the stitching.

The napkins are sewn together on three sides. The white you can see is some ribbon used to tie the bottom closed after I put the pillow form inside. This is a great way to be able to store the pillow cover instead of having to store a hole bunch of fat pillows.

So, that's one thing done. Now on to many others...........or at least that's the plan.

No comments: