Thursday, July 23, 2009

Before + After

I know I haven't been around, much but I have been busy.



I've been re-doing Wyatt's bathroom.


Here it is before.







(don't you just love the 'stay out' in dripping blood that his grandmother gave him? hmmm... I wonder where is could have gotten off to.)



I've wanted to paint it for a long time but was a little scared because of the color I wanted to paint it.

Here's more what it looks like now.





As you can see I went with a dark blue. And, boy! was I even more scared when I put that first brush of paint on the wall. I had to do two coats but I am happy with it now that it's all done. I think it really sets off the woodwork and the tile around the bath.

I took down the towel holder above the toilet. It was so low you couldn't really use it for anything more than a hand towel or decoration. I replaced it with this cabinet. You can still only hang a hand towle or decoration but I got a little more storage space with this.




It was a white cabinet that I bought at Target. I spray painted it an off-white color to match the other things and replaced the knobs. I also put new knobs on the cabinet where the sink is and replaced the toilet paper holder.

I hung two of these on the little strip of wall between the tub and bathroom door (there are two doors into this tiny bathroom). I figure he can use these for his towels.





I have a bigger one that has three hooks on it that I'm going to hang behing the main door into the bathroom. I've got it all painted in the same off-white, and it's leaning behind the door. Now I just need to get it hung. :0)

Some of the decorative touches:


This little sign has always been in there but it shows up a lot better now.


I bought this jar at a junk shop (some would call it an antique shop but I really think she's just using the shop to clean all the 'crap' out of her own house which is right next door.) The top on it was white with flowers on it. I spray painted it red and really wasn't sure where I was going to use it. I finally decided to use it in Wyatt's bathroom and fill it with the little soaps from hotels. As you can see, it needs a lot more soap in it. Perhaps I can use that as a good excuse to do some more traveling. :0)


This is my favorite. It's a cross stitch thingy (don't really know what to call it) that I did years ago. I fell in love with the pattern when I saw it and made it long before we even had any kids. It just makes me giggle and that's my favorite way to decorate.

Now that I've got that pretty well taken care of, maybe I can get back to some of my other projects.

No comments: