Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Got books?

I know it's been awhile since I've posted but I have been busy. It's already time to start thinking about back to school. Ugh! But, with that in mind I made this book bag for Abigail. (she's my little monkey crazed girl)



The monkey on the front is a placemat that I had bought some time back. I was going to use it to make a pillow but never got around to it. I stitched it to the front of the bag so that it makes a big pocket.

I used a heavy denim type material in a kahki color for the bag and flannel for the inside of the bag and underside of the strap.



I just put a couple of pieces of ribbon in the seam so that she can tie it closed.

All in all I think it turned out pretty cute. Abigail is happy with it so that makes me happy. The other two girls have put in their orders for book bags now too. :0)

And the best thing about it....I made it all from fabric from my stash!! Woohoo! I've been trying to organize it and because it was spread out all over the place I didn't realize just how much I've got already. I'm on a mission to try to use up what I already have as much as I can.

Oh, and the bag is loosely based on this pattern.