Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Knowing when to quit

We went out of town for Memorial Day weekend.


It was great to get to spend some time away from everything. The place we stayed has no t.v.'s, no phones in the rooms, and no cell phone reception. It's great to embrace that kind of un-availability every now and then.


When we were on our way home we stopped in a small town at a Chinese buffet. When I went into the bathroom and had one look at the walls, I had to go again with my camera just to get some pictures.


I felt like this was proof that sometimes, even with the best of ideas/intentions, you've got to know when to quit. When to conceed defeat.


In this picture you can see that they put the border along the top and then decided to paint the wall a different color so they just got as close to the border as possible.



There is a vine that goes up the wall by the sink and on along the door frame (as seen in the first picture.)

I felt like someone should have taken the sponge away long before the whole bathroom was done.


'Put the sponge down and back away 'mam, and no one gets hurt.'


Now on the bright side, my daughter loved it!!



No comments: