Anyway, sometimes I actually get it together and actually do one of those projects that has been patiently waiting for me.
The little framed piece in the middle is an ant with a slice of watermelon stitchery.
Here's an up-close of the flags.
It was soooo quick and easy!!
I cut rectangles of red ticking that I had on hand, and used pinking sheers around the edges. Then I cut smaller squares of denim from a pair of old jeans and sewed it on.
To string the flags all together I wasn't sure what I was going to do. Then, in digging through my stash, I found a cafe' curtain that I had bought at the thrift store. It was plenty long enough and I loved the red gingham. I just cut the bottom off of the curtain, very close to the hem (so I wouldn't have to stitch it again) and sewed the flags to it.
So quick and easy and I just love the results!