Wednesday, June 29, 2011

July 4th decorating

I had seen a patriotic flag garland quite some time ago. I saved the picture to my computer but at some point along the way all of my 'favorites' for the internet got erased so I don't know who's idea I started with. (I hate that!)


Anyway, sometimes I actually get it together and actually do one of those projects that has been patiently waiting for me.


The little framed piece in the middle is an ant with a slice of watermelon stitchery.

Here's an up-close of the flags.


It was soooo quick and easy!!

I cut rectangles of red ticking that I had on hand, and used pinking sheers around the edges. Then I cut smaller squares of denim from a pair of old jeans and sewed it on.

To string the flags all together I wasn't sure what I was going to do. Then, in digging through my stash, I found a cafe' curtain that I had bought at the thrift store. It was plenty long enough and I loved the red gingham. I just cut the bottom off of the curtain, very close to the hem (so I wouldn't have to stitch it again) and sewed the flags to it.


So quick and easy and I just love the results!

No comments: