Monday, June 27, 2011

When a cake fails

Today is a friends birthday so last night I was making a cake for her.


I had grand plans. Everything was from scratch. And then, despite generous greasing and flouring, the cake stuck to the pan anyway. And not even in a remotely salvageable way. One side stuck, while the other side fell out. The more I tried to fix it, the worse it got until it all crumbled into a big mess.


So what was I supposed to do then?


I fretted for awhile, and then inspiration struck.


If life gives you a messy cake..........put it in a jar!!!! LOL



Of course Dax looked at me like I was crazy. But, the birthday girl and the other cake-in-a-jar recipients thought it was a really cute and clever idea.


That is until Dax made me tell them why it was in the jar. lol


But, hey, it works, right?

No comments: