Friday, September 23, 2011

Quick Refasion

When I was just looking through Craft Gossip (which I often do) I came across a great tutorial for turning a hoodie into a cardigan. Of course I clicked over to check it out.

The tutorial for it is at Coca Cola Island (you can go directly to it here) and it really is super easy.

I asked the girls for one of their hoodies that they didn't wear too much anymore and Abigail was the only one willing to take the chance.

I didn't think to take a before picture, but it was just a hoodie. :0)

I also didn't print out the tutorial and my computer at home is sick with a nasty virus so I can't use it. I had read through the tutorial and had to go by memory and I still managed to do alright.

 (I couln't get her to put down the popsicle or change out of her pajamas for the photo shoot. LOL)
She's pretty happy with it. At least that's what I'm assuming since she's already worn it to school. That makes me happy. And really, it doesn't take long at all. 

I think the only thing I really did differently than the tutorial said was that I didn't 'cut' the zipper out, I used my seam ripper and took it out to keep the nice edge that was already in place and to save the zipper. Win - win!

No comments: