Monday, April 30, 2012

Made it myself

Actually, I started making my own deodorant about a year ago.


It's just soooo easy and I really like it.


Here's what I use.




I use pretty much equal parts of baking soda and corn starch.

I mix those together and then I add in coconut oil. I like for my deodorant to be kind of soft and creamy so I use enough coconut oil to get that consistency. The more you use the softer it will be and the less coconut oil you use the harder it will be.

I also add in several drops of sweet orange essential oil to give it a nice smell.

Here it is all stirred up and in a tiny little mason jar.


(Sorry for the yellow tint to the pictures. No matter how many I took, they all looked like this.)

I use a make up sponge to put this on with.

When I first started using it, I kept getting these knots under my arm and thought I must be allergic to something in it. Then it occurred to me that it was my sweat glands that were just trying to learn how to work again after all of the years of being repressed by the anit-perspirent.

And honestly, since my body has now adjusted to it, I don't sweat that much anymore.....except of course when we're working out.

If you give it a try, let me know what you think. And you can use a different essential oil if you like. I've tried other recipes and I really like this one the best.

No comments: