Friday, June 7, 2013

I can fix that!

So, some time back I bought this shirt online and once it arrived it was too tight in the bodice so I gave it to my daughters. They decided that they like the shirt, but not the long sleeves.


Somewhere around the same time I also bought these pants on ebay. When they arrived I found that the flare in the legs was pretty major.....like I couldn't see my feet at all.



So, I was trying to decide how to take in the flare on the jeans because the seams on the inside of the leg and the outside are finished off and anything I did would be noticeable.

Then one day an idea struck me and I decided how to make things work out so that we would all be happy. I did the only logical thing. I cut the sleeves off on the shirt and the flares off on the pants. Woohoo!


I hemmed the sleeves on the shirt. Done! And the girls are happy with it.


I just have to add here that every time I use my sewing machine my husband gets a whole new set of brownie points for buying it for me!!

Just look at the beautiful job it did when I hemmed the sleeves on this sheer fabric!!



I took the lace that was in the middle of the sleeve and down at the cuff and separated it from the fabric. Then I stitched it together in one long strip.


I turned up the raw edge on the jeans (with right sides touching) and stitched the lace around the bottom and again around the top of the lace.


Ta-dah!! New capris.

And they're cute too!!


So now we're all happy.

I love it when I can take the things I am unhappy with and turn them into things that I AM happy with.

No comments: