Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sneak Peak

Here's a sneak peak of a work in progress.

It's a cross stitch of a pumpkin with a Celtic design.


I usually follow the rules and stitch all of one color (at least in one general area) at a time. But this time I decided to be a rebel and do both colors as I go!

What?!

I KNOW!

I'm sometimes wild and crazy like that.

I decided to do it that way because I'm only working with two colors so it's not all crazy and confusing. I have two needles threaded. I work down my line and back with the one color, and then do the same with the second color. So now as I finish each line, I'm really finished with it. It's giving me a better since of accomplishment as I go along.


Now, this is working for me on this project, but I certainly wouldn't try to keep up with all of my needles threaded if I had any more than just two colors.

I'm hoping to have this finished before the Fall, but I'm really not holding my breath. I haven't done any cross stitch in a long time and I really forgot just how slow it goes.

No comments: