Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Even a little bit helps.

In this case I'm talking about a little bit of organization. I can freely admit that it's not one of my strong points, but I do try to make baby steps in that direction as often as I can. I have learned to not kid myself into taking on these huge makeover into being organized kind of projects. If I don't do it in small doses, I don't usually follow through. So, I've seen all the space saving techniques for plastic grocery bags and decided to give it a shot.

With shopping for a family of six, I end up with a lot of those bags around my house. (And, yes, I use them for all kinds of other things around the house, but still have them everywhere.) I do own several of the reusable grocery bags which I actually keep in the back of my car so I'll have them with me. If only I could remember to carry them into the store with me, I'd be set!

Anyway, the tutorial I used can be found here.

This is what I started with:



That's three bags filled to overflowing!!!

As you can see, I forget to take the extra bags to the recycle bin even more often than I forget to use the other bags.

But, after spending quite a bit of time folding these bags, they all fit into the one lunch tote size bag......with room left over! Woohoo!! A little bit of organizing that I can keep up with and it really does make a big difference.


Here's another option for 'folding' them. I tried it, but I found that the football fold made the bags smaller and flatter.....although that can just be me. lol

Hope this helps with extra plastic bags around your house and that even a small bit of organization like this makes you as happy as it has me.

No comments: