Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chore organizers

I've been trying for awhile to come up with some way to keep track of the kids' chores. Both for them and for myself.


We've tried lists, charts, and a handful of other things.


I finally settled on this.







I used toilet paper tubes and covered them with scrapbook paper. Then I stapled them across the bottom. They are tied together in pairs--undone and done--and hanging on the inside of the pantry door. The chores are written on wide popsicle sticks. They all go in the unfinished tube on the end.

The kids each have chores that are theirs alone (make bed, clean bathroom, etc.) and then they have to each choose 3 from the unfinished tube each week.

I had tried something similar on the back of their bedroom doors but those got a little torn up. With them in the pantry I can keep a better eye on what's going on.

Hope this is the one that works.

1 comment:

~Niki~ said...

What a great idea! I had a chores list for my kids and I need to re-do it, since I have 4 kids, I like to rotate the chores every month or so. So do your kids actually do them? Mine always complain. They do it, but every time I say "have you done your chores" I get a lot of hooo'in and haaah'in over it.