Monday, August 8, 2011

Insanity Update

We've been doing the Insanity workouts now for 5 weeks.

I have to say that I'm a little disappointed.

I've only lost a couple of pounds. I know that's better than gaining so I do try to look at the bright side there.

I do feel better after the workouts are over (read I don't feel like I'm going to pass out and die anymore) but this week we move up to a harder level.

Dax has done some research and found that for people who didn't have a lot of weight to lose (we're both hoping for around 10 pounds) that they didn't notice a difference until they got to this second level.

I hope that's true because this has been an awful lot of hard work for pants to just be tighter across my butt!!

Fortunately, we aren't doing measurements today because Dax is out of town. It's a good thing because my birthday was Saturday and it was our no diet day. We had Mexican food, cookies, and ice cream!! I don't want to know what kind of damage that might have done. But, we only have 2 no diet days a month. It's really the only thing that keeps me doing this. If I thought I would never get to have foods that I love again, I wouldn't be able to do this long term.

Wish me luck on the new workouts coming up. Dax gets back tomorrow night. Depending on the time we'll either start these on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm a little scared because the first part is hard enough!

No comments: