Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mug set

I made the mug mat for this set quite some time ago. It's part of a craft pay-it-forward that I decided to participate in at the beginning of the year. But after I got the mat finished I didn't know what else to make to go with it.

Why it took me so long to think of making a cozy with more fabric from that collection, I may never know. I guess things just come to me sloooowwwwly sometimes. lol I mean, it's not like I haven't read a lot of blogs with lots of people making these. It just didn't click for me.

But once it did finally click, it only took about 30 minutes to knock this one out.

 I love this button. It's from a tin of really old buttons from an estate sale that a friend of mine bought for me.

I didn't have any coordinating elastic so I dug around a little. I had these little strips that I had cut from an old pair of my girls' tights (I use them to twist their hair up to curl it) and decided it would be perfect. It's got plenty of stretch but is nice and soft too.

Here's the mat, again.

 And the set together.

I'm putting it in the mail today. I hope she likes it!!

No comments: