Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Furniture re-make

I know I haven't been very busy here on my blog, but I have been busy. :0)

My daughter has furniture in her room that belonged to my great-grandmother. It wasn't some beautiful furniture that left any fear of messing up the original finish. As a matter of fact, it had mis-matched fronts on the drawers which leads me to believe that maybe as things fell apart, two pieces were blended into one to make do.

So, I've painted a primer coat of white on everything. Then I painted the front of all of the drawers with brown chalk board paint. (She loves that!)

I had bought some drawer pulls but then decided that I just didn't really like them.

Of course, I didn't decide that until after I had filled in the holes from the original pulls and sanded everything down. Then (much later) when I decided I didn't like it, I had Dax come drill out all the holes I had filled in. LOL Figures, right?

Anyway, I had seen somewhere where they had just used fabric strips for the drawer pulls so that's what I did. I like the way it turned out and fortunately Abigail likes them too.


I also used some of the fabric to recover the chair at her desk. It's just a cheap little chair, but it's serving it's purpose right now. :0)

Now, I just need to order the paint and paint the desk and dresser. Oh, and she has a big wicker chair that needs to be painted too. It's starting to come together nicely and she's so happy with it that she's actually keeping her room clean so that she can enjoy it. Win-Winn!!

1 comment:

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

Love the idea of using fabric for drawer pulls. can't wait to see everything after its all painted! I love your blog. I'm your newest follower. Would love you to stop by DIY Home Sweet Home

Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

P.S. I have a linky every Monday would love you to stop by Monday and link up.