Wednesday, November 2, 2011

New to Old

I can't believe how quickly time passes. I feel like we're busy about 20 hours a day every day......even though I know that's not true. The kids' activities keep us so busy and I've gotten sick once again. I really think it all came on because of the stress brought on for me in having a parent, teacher, principal, counselor conference at the school. I don't do conflict and confrontation well so this was a huge stressor for me.


Anyway, the kids are studying the Salem Witch Trial at school and have a project due. Two of them are making diaries and two of them are making photo albums.


Soooooo, I spent the weekend making copy paper look old and worn.

I first tried using tea but that really didn't make things stained enough. So I decided to go with coffee. I was going to use regular brew coffee but then decided to go with instant coffee so that I could darken it easily and to my liking.

Here's what I came out with.


I put the coffee into a 13X9 pan and just ran the paper through it. Then I put it on cookie sheets and dried it in the oven which was set at 200 F.  They kids were thrilled with it and that's really all that matters. Right?

No comments: