Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bunnies......

I guess it's already time to start gearing up for Easter.


Actually, I probably should have done that long ago, but where's the fun in not rushing to finish something and set it out before the guests arrive? LOL


Over the weekend I made some of these bunny bowl fillers.


Aren't they adorable?

It's an awesome project for using up some of your bigger scrap pieces.

There's the pattern and a tutorial here. The pattern also comes with a little face that can be stitched and sewn to the front, but I liked them like this.

Mine are stuffed with little plastic pellets, but I think that rice or even stuffing would be fine. They're also called sachets on the pattern, but I didn't put any smell good in mine. Although, I am contemplating making one or two with catnip inside for my kitties.

I tried making some last year according to the pattern instructions because the seams should be on the inside, but every time I turned mine right sides out I ended up with a hole somewhere along the seam line on the ears. So this time around I left my raw seam edges on the outside, and I think they still look adorable.

No comments: