Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Crochet Camisole

I've been busy with crochet. I made this top.


Don't mind that it's too big on my skinny little model. It's for me, not her.

Look at her work it. LOL

I used 100% cotton yarn. I don't really know if it will shrink or not. I still need to wash and block it.

I got the pattern here. It really is a simple pattern with pretty results. If you think you'd like to branch into clothing with your crochet but have been afraid to try, this is a great pattern to start with.

The original pattern laces up the sides with ribbon. I didn't want it to lace so I decided to attach the second side as I went. I started at the bottom and worked my way up. When I got close to my last row at the top I found out I was misalligned on one side at the bottom. DRAT!! I had to pull it all out and start over. The second time around, I only attached on the one side as I went along. Once I was done, I attached the front and back along the other side. After all, what fun would it be to follow the directions and only have to make it once?

No comments: