Thursday, June 28, 2012

We've got bling

We spent the weekend getting some bling on at our house.

One of my daughters competes in pageants. She's only allowed to do 'natural pageants' because I'm not big on the fake hair, fake tan, fake teeth, etc. kind of pageants.

So, she's got a pageant coming up with the theme of denim and diamonds. There really aren't a lot of rules to go by which is really hard for me. I generally need some kind of parameters to operate in. Just wide open gives me too much room to go crazy with ideas. LOL

Anyway, since my daughter has to pay for her pageant participation on her own, she's learning a valuable lesson about learning to work with what you've got to save money.

With that in mind, I took a pair of boots that Kirsten has outgrown (but they still fit Addison) and added some bling.

These are the boots before:

After blinging up the boots, I also worked some magic on a belt that I have *ahem* outgrown.


She has a denim dress that she'll be wearing them with and her Dad is going to polish the foot part of the boots tonight.

I'm happy with the way they turned out and so is she. I can't wait to see what the other girls in the pageant show up with. I will say this though, I went through a WHOLE LOT of hot glue getting all of that done.

No comments: