Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Quick and inexpensive gift idea

I saw this some time ago on pinterest but cannot for the life of me find it again to give due credit. I'm sorry to the brilliant person that originally thought of it.


Anyway!!


Dax's mom has been telling me over and over that she needs a new soap dispenser in her kitchen because her other one broke. I bought her the kind that she wants, but decided that before I give it to her, she gets this one first.


I took a picture of Dax and printed it out in color on plain white paper. Then I cut around it and took it to Office Depot and had it printed in color on transparency film.

I cut that out and rolled it up enough to fit inside this bottle of soap, which I peeled all of the labels off of. I really didn't care what scent it was, I just wanted the soap to be clear.

Here's a close up of the picture.


She'll get a big kick out of it.

And really, it only cost a couple of bucks to do. I think it would make a fun gift for anyone, even if the picture isn't this silly. It would be great for grandparents with pictures of the grand kids, or teachers, bachelorette parties,  or just about anybody and you can put any kind of picture in it. (Just remember that you might have to have someone else copy the picture when you take it in. HA!)

No comments: