Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Upcycled Clothes

I took a couple of items and made a new shirt.

Here's what I started with:


A purple t-shirt and a pair of long women's socks.

I cut the foot part off of the socks, turned them upside down and sewed the edge inside the sleeve hem.

I also cut  a diamond from an old white t-shirt and attached it to the lower right hand side of the shirt and took some matching orange thread and stitched it across (like the white diamonds on the socks.)

I ended up with this:


(I know it's hard to see the stitching in the picture, but I assure you it's orange and it's there. lol)

Anyway, I'm really happy with it. It turned out really cute and I don't think anyone would actually think it's a pair of socks.

1 comment:

Alishia said...

Oh my I love that idea! I collect knee socks, and can't wait for cooler weather now to try this out!!