Thursday, March 7, 2013

I have a finish!!

Oh my! I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last posted. Where has the time gone?

I have been busy, but doing orders for people (which I am grateful for) so I haven't done as many new things to show here.

I did, however, make a new purse for myself.


 
I used my new sewing machine to embroider the initial on the front of the bag (woohoo!) and to sew the bag together. I also included two large pockets in the center of the bag.
 

For the outer fabric, I used a cotton tablecloth that I bought at Target on clearance and used some red ticking from my stash to line the inside and make my pockets. I didn't have a pattern, so I was just winging it.

I'm happy with how the bag turned out, but it's rather big. Well, bigger than my other big purses. lol My husband said that he wasn't going to be seen with me if I was carrying that suitcase. But, he lies because he's already been out in public with me. Ha!

But, in his defense (and he'll probably never let me forget it) when I was at the grocery store the other day, the cashier thought it was my own shopping bag to put the groceries in (poor guy, awkward silence followed after I told him it was my purse.)

1 comment:

Megan said...

That's pretty! You are so creative.