Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What a great pot holder!

Last month at sewing club during show and tell, one of the other ladies there had a pot holder that was pure genius. I heard her tell someone else that she used a pattern that she had bought somewhere else. So, the next day I got online and found it at Whistlepig Creek Productions. You can purchase either a print version to be mailed to you or you can download a pdf file.

Anyway, I think these are genius. And the reason is because these pot holders are made in bowl form to be used in the microwave. You put the bowl in the potholder, THEN you put it in the microwave. That way, when you take it out you don't have to life something hot to get it onto your hot pad. Genius, right?!

 I'm going to be making many of them.

This is my first attempt:


 
It didn't turn out quite as bowl shaped as I wanted it, but that is totally my fault. I cut the places where the darts go (which is what makes it curl up into the bowl shape) and then trimmed my pieces. After that I didn't go back and re-cut my darts so they're smaller than they're supposed to be.
 
Oh well, it still works. I've already used it several times. I'm going to make more as soon as I have some time to sit and sew for me. I'm pretty sure these will be gifts for quite a few people this year.

No comments: