Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Yet another t-shirt refashion

I think I'm on a roll here.


This is another t-shirt I've had laying around forever.


I don't even remember why I bought it in the first place.


And I know that this is (at least) the third house of ours that it's lived in.


I'm glad i finally got around to doing something with it. :0)


I cut the shirt off under the sleeves and finished the raw edge with a zig-zag stitch using contrasting thread.


Then I put a few lines of shirring all the way around the top.


For the straps, I  cut the hem off of another t-shirt and turned it inside out. It almost felt like cheating. lol


I cut a flower design from that same other t-shirt and did an 'Alabama Stitching' type design on the shirt along with the reverse applique.


When I got finished, I felt like it still needed a little more pizazz (as my girls like to call it) so added the beads to the middle of the flowers.


The girls are happy with how it turned out, as am I. This is the first time I've done a design without copying it from somewhere else. Yeah me! lol

1 comment:

Sachiko said...

It turned out nicely, and you are such a nice mom! Thank you for sharing!