Monday, March 14, 2011

Time's Up!!

Well, my time is up for my 101 things in 1001 days.

I guess I did okay with it.

For one thing, I couldn't even come up with 101 things. I don't know if that means I'm pathetic or if I'm just really content. I'm gonna' go with content. It sounds so much better. LOL

I managed to accomplish about half of the items on my list. Maybe a little more.

One of the things I had wanted to do was take the kids to visit 5 new states. Dax and I have a goal of visiting all 50 states together. Anyway, we managed to visit only 2 new states. But, last summer we did go on a cruise with my family and they got to visit a whole nother country. That counts for something right? Like, say, maybe 3 states?

There are several projects that were on my list that are in a state of being completed. I did at least start them.

For example. I want to make a quilt for each of my kids. I've actually made the quilt top for Abigail. However, with four 'too curious' kids at home, it's hard to find the time to spread it all out to pin for quilting without her knowing. I want it to be a surprise. I also bought the material to make a quilt for Kirsten. I actually bought it a couple of years ago. But, because they are always in my stuff (and I want it to be a surprise) I hid the fabric..........I still can't find it!! I'm telling you, when I hide something, it's hidden for good!

I have a table runner that I wanted to finish. I have the binding sewn 3/4 of the way on then I ran out of time that day (had to get to a soccer game) and haven't picked it back up to finish.

I'm glad of the things that I did get done, and I wrote the unfinished things in my notebook so that I don't forget about them. I still hope to get them done.

What I learned from this whole experience is that even though a 1001 days seems like a ton of time, it will pass you by quickly. My list (in theory) should have been easy to accomplish. But with four kids, a business, other projects that come along, and real life, it just didn't happen that way.

No comments: