Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Flip flop dress up

I bought a pair of red flip flops some time back because they were on sale for less than a dollar. They were very plain and I knew I wanted to do something with them, but wasn't sure what.


I got a pair of flip flops for one of my daughters on whoopdwhoop and they inspired me.


I found some cute fabric and started with this...


 I tore my fabric into strips about one inch wide. I didn't measure, I just tore to make them look about the same. Also, I tore my strips because I wanted my flowers to be frayed on the edges.

Then, I ran a gathering stitch along one side and gathered the fabric up. I took that gathered fabric and formed a circle to make my flowers. I stitched them together on the back and then took tiny stitches through all of the layers so that they would stay in form. I used hot glue to attach a button in the center to cover my gathering stitches.




Then I hot glued them to the straps of my 'designer' flip flops. The red felt is to put on the underside of the straps and the flower just to give them a little extra support.

Here they are all done...


(don't let the shadows fool you, the flops are brand new)

I'm thrilled with the way they turned out. Do you think I can convince Dax that I need something new to wear with them?

No comments: