Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Upcycled Goodies

I have three teenage daughters which means we have lots of hair accessories. They all share one bathroom which usually looks like a tornado has been through it. I'm always looking for any small way to help contain some of the mess.

Somewhere or another, I saw a container made from a used chips can and decided I could do something similar with a recently emptied oatmeal container. I headed to Hobby Lobby and bought a couple of sheets of 12 X 12 paper and then dug out my bottle of mod podge.

 

I coated up the oatmeal container with mod podge and wrapped the paper around it. I only did a little at a time to help keep the mess to a minimum.


After I got the container covered and gave it time to dry, I folded a little part along the bottom under and glued it into place to give the whole thing a cleaner look. I also cut a circle from the paper to cover the center of the lid.

The purpose here is for the girls to put their hair clips and pony tail holders inside the container and head bands fit perfectly on the outside.

Here's the finished product.


I hope they'll actually use it. LOL

1 comment:

Digital Expressions said...

VERY cute creative idea! I have teen girl with so many lil odds and ends i need to do this project with her. Perfect way to organize hair ties! Love recycle craft ideas!