Thursday, July 19, 2012

Back to school

I'm trying to get some things done for back to school before the craziness starts.


I made this bag for Kirsten. It's not big enough to be a book bag, but all three girls like to have something to carry around school during the day. (They're not allowed to carry their backpacks from class to class.)

 The strap just ties at the top so that she can adjust the length to her liking.

And it's reversible!

The fabric in the first picture is some I bought a couple of years ago to make a bag to surprise her with. Since they come into my sewing room when I'm in there and snoop around, I hid it so that she wouldn't find it. 

I just found it again myself!! I tell you, when I hide something, it's for real! LOL

She's gone right now to her grandparents' house so she hasn't seen the bag yet. I hope she'll like it.

1 comment:

Digital Expressions said...

Those bags are so cool and look very simple to make. Would be a good way to use left over fabric and a great lil bag for a teen to carry. Our schools do the same thing ... they dont allow kids to carry their bags to classes either.