Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Old to New

I've seen other examples of this several places on the internet.

I had a print that had been done on a really heavy paper.


I stretched the print over some canvas stretchers. Then I used some vinyl letters I got at Target (money saving tip: I got the letters in the teacher supply section - across the aisle from the craft section - for about half the price of the stick on letters in the craft section and I got about twice as many letters.) to  put my chosen saying on it.

After that you paint the whole thing (I chose white) and let it dry. Then remove your letters.

I ended up with this:


I think that at the very top I'm going to attach a family picture. I chose my saying because that's how Dax and I met. I asked him to dance.

I wonder how often he questions his sanity for saying yes to that dance. LOL

No comments: