Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's a New Year

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had a great holiday season. I enjoyed the time with the family and have great expectations for the year ahead.

Instead of making a bunch of resolutions that I may or may not keep, but most often find myself completely overwhelmed with, I prefer to chose a word to guide me (and my efforts) throughout the year. For 2012 my word was 'better'. I did do better in many areas, but also found that I let some things slide and didn't do as well in those areas. Over all, though, I am happy with my efforts. It takes a lot of time and energy to raise four teenagers, work in our own business, and keep our household running. I feel like I'm accomplishing a lot just to be able to keep my sanity. LOL

So, in keeping with my theme word, this year I've chosen....


I'm terrible about pushing the things that I don't enjoy doing off until they absolutely HAVE to be done. This year I want to learn to just do them and get it over with. That way, when I play and craft it can be done without guilt. (I always feel guilty when I'm crafting and the sink is full of dishes or the floor is covered with muddy paw prints.)

I look forward to getting this bad habit under control and really think that it will bring an added sense of peace to my life. Not to mention all of those pesky tasks that will get taken care of sooner rather than later. I know that if I learn to just go ahead and do it, it will save me time in the long run. I'm certain that my procrastination makes for a bigger job to be done by the time I make myself do it.

I hope that you have a wonderful year and are able to make any changes that you desire and that it makes for a happier, better life for you.

1 comment:

Jane@quietcountrylife said...

What a great idea to choose a word for the year instead of resolutions. I never stick to my resolutions either so maybe 2013 should be my year for a word like "patience" or "relax", as they are the first two words to come to mind when I think about it