Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More Dollar Store Design...

Okay, I've already shown you the cake stand made with the dollar store purchases. I bought 4 things that day. Well, I guess 5 if I include the glue. lol Here's what I bought...




This time I used the glass bowl and the ashtray. (yes, an ashtray!!) I turned the ashtray upside down to make the base for the bowl and glued them together.




Then I decided that the bowl needed something to bring out some of the design so I painted part of it.



I haven't decided yet if I like it or not.




But, the great thing about it is that I just used cheap craft paint so it wipes right off with a little glass cleaner. If I decide for sure that I don't like, I can get rid of it. AND, if I want to, I can change the colors to go with particular decorations.

Mostly I have to say that I'm loving trying to look at things a little differently when I'm out and about. It adds a whole new dimension to shopping.....like I needed that. lol

No comments: