Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I know it's not Easter yet

but I just had to make this chocolate bunny.


It's just another installment in my new obsession with felt food.



I often freeze any extra (read: the ones I hid from the kids before they went into candy overload) chocolate candy at Easter. I can use it for cooking when I need chocolate during the year. Sometimes I even go buy a bunch after Easter when they're on sale for next to nothing and just put them in the freezer. But even then I have to hide them from the kids.

Anyway, that's why I happened to have this box.

I just traced the inside of the plastic bunny tray onto a piece of paper. I cut that out and used it as my pattern for the felt bunny.

A couple of colors cut into circles to make the eyes, stitch around the outside of the bunny, stuff it, and sew it closed.


It was so quick and easy to make.


I don't know if my niece will like all these felt foods for her play kitchen or not. But I do know that I've had a blast making them. My kids are all wanting felt foods of their own even though I would think they're too old to be interested.

I warn you......if you ever try making any, you won't be able to quit!!

No comments: