Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cousin Eddie Cap

1) My family loves the movie "Christmas Vacation" and we usually watch it (more than once) during the Christmas Season.

2) Yesterday, we were meeting up with Dax's family to go watch a hockey game. His step-Dad had mentioned recently how his ears got cold when he would go outside to excersise, especially if he was riding his bike.


Because my mind works the way it does sometimes, I put those two little tid-bits together and made him a cap.




Cousin Eddie style:



We all laughed so hard when he put it on!!

I got the pattern off of Thread Banger. The pattern doesn't come with any instructions on how to put it all together, but there is a video. I had to deviate from it a bit because my fabric is kind of a micro-fiber on one side and the fuzzy (lambs wool like) stuff on the other side. That meant that I didn't have to line my cap, it was already done for me. It also meant that I had to re-think seam allowances--like where I needed to leave them in and where they needed to be taken out.


But seriously, it took me less than 30 minutes to get it done. And that includes cutting it out and digging around to find the strips of leather for the ties. lol


It was fun and quick and we had a lot of laughs with it last night.

1 comment:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love Cousin Eddie. lolol I just wouldn't want him visiting me.