Monday, January 17, 2011

Stitch Along

I decided to participate in the Doodle Arts stitch along over at Lark Crafts. (click on their name for the link to the first pattern in the stitch along.)


Here's the first stitchery in the series.


It stitched up so quickly and that little troll is just so cute!!

I don't have a lot of options in my little town for fabrics to stitch on. Because of that I've learned to look for fabrics in the items that are available to me. I was in Goodwill last week and bought a blazer made of a nice heavy, ecru, 100% cotton. I was cutting the pocket off to use for another stitched piece and it occured to me to use part of the sleeve for this little pattern. Since it was already hemmed on one end and sewn in a circle I decided to make it into this little bag.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to put handles on it. We'll see if I get around to it or not. lol Regardless, I love the way it turned out and there was minimal sewing involved to turn it into a bag. I kind of like it when an idea strikes that pushes me into thinking outside the box.


Oh, and it fits in with my theme of thrift for the year. A double win!!! LOL

No comments: