Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's a new year........

Welcome to the new year.


Like many other bloggers, I like the idea of a word to guide me for the new year.


It took me quite awhile to settle on just one word. I really kept going back to some of the words I've used in the past. I guess maybe I didn't get the ideas associated with them as fully developed as I'd hoped. Whatever the case may be, it took more consideration this year than it has in the past. But I finally settled on


I chose thrift because this year we have decided to make a real push (and the associated sacrifices) to get all of our debts paid off, both in our business and at home.  I've already made a big step in that direction by changing our insurance coverages on our vehicles and our home. I saved over $2000 for the year!!!! Can you believe that? I didn't think it was really possible, so I was shocked........and a little sickened that I've wasted that much money for who knows how many years.

Anyway, I'm hoping to not buy so many new project supplies and work my way through using up some of the things that I already have. It will not only save me money, but will also help to clean things up a little.

Last year I chose two words, one of which was calm. I gave it the good-old-college-try, but because of the actions of others in my extended family, it turned out to be a year with a lot of hurt feelings for my husband and anything but 'calm'. Fortunately, the offending family members don't live near us so we were able to block much of it our from our daily lives. And, since I really try to be a peacemaker, I offered advice that would have solved the whole issue early on, but was (in a round about way) told to mind my own business. So be it. The issues still haven't been resolved, but my husband is at peace with it, and really, he's the one that matters to me.

But, after all of that, I can say that I didn't even consider 'calm' as a word for this year. lol I'm just hoping that 'thrift' won't have the same opposite effect that calm did last year.

Do you chose a word for the year? If so, what did you chose and why? (if you don't mind sharing)

I hope that everyone has a year blessed with love, happiness, and abundance.

No comments: