Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Heart Garland

Here's another quick project that I did.


I just took some scrapbook paper and glued two sheets together so that I had a pattern on both sides of my heart. (If I had been willing to make a trip to the craft store, I could have bought a single sheet of double sided paper.)

Anyway, I made this using my newly formed double sided paper and it only took one 12 X 12 sheet to make all of those hearts. I just cut the paper into strips about an inch wide. I didn't do any kind of exact measuring.

Then I folded the strips in half to make the point on the heart.

After that I just folded them in towards the center and glued the two sides together in the middle to make the heart shape. 

Once they had all dried I hot glued them together and just used my string to hang them on either side and across the middle. Here's a close-up:
I like the way it turned out, but I think there needs to be more stuff up there to keep them company.  Don't you?

No comments: