Friday, January 6, 2012

Holiday Baking......

Every year I make a ton of cookies that get delivered to some of our regular clients that we work with monthly throughout the year.


This year was now exception.


The kids look forward to it each year because they get to sample the trial runs on all of the recipes that I pick out and then narrow down.


This year I made a wide variety (as usual) but these are the only ones I took a picture of:



They are Rolo Turtles and the recipe can be found on this blog.

I also made:




Gooey Butter Cookies (I can't for the life of me find the blog I followed the recipe from.

There were Cherry Bombs which is a recipe that came from 'The Sugar  Cookie Murders' book (I think.) Have you read any of those books? They are murder mysteries but the lady that helps figure them out owns a cookie shop so there is much mention of food and recipes scattered throughout. It's a kick!

And last but not least, I took a tube of sugar cookie dough and rolled it out between two sheets of wax paper, and did the same with a tube of gingerbread cookie dough. Then I laid one on top to the other (without the was paper, duh) and rolled that into a tube -- rolling from the long side towards the opposite long side (hope that makes sense.) Then you slice them and bake and have pinwheel-like cookies.

They were all pretty good and much appreciated by the clients.

For us at home I also made these Crack-tastic Crackers. If you haven't made them, go do it now!! They are delicious and more than a little addicting. Everyone that tasted them like them and kept going back for more. I think I may make some more tonight since there won't be as many people at my house......then I won't have to share as many. LOL


No comments: