Monday, August 20, 2012

Getting ready for school

My kids start back to school next Monday.

I guess that means that I have to buckle down and make the things that they'll need for school. I've put it off just about as long as I can.

This morning I finished up Abigail's lunch bag.



I used the same materials that I used in this bag (a vinyl table cloth and an old sheet.) That bag was supposed to be a lunch bag but I missed one small detail in the directions (cutting my fabric piece in half) and wound up with a group sized lunch bag.

This one turned out much better!!

I didn't follow a pattern for this one. I cut the fabric to what I thought was about the size of the bag I wanted, making sure to make one side much longer than the other so that I could have a flap to fold over. I used a plate to round the edges of my flap, and put button holes in it so that my ties would fit through and tie it closed.

I think it turned out really cute and I just love that the pattern is silverware for a lunch bag. Abigail likes it too, and that's what matters most.

No comments: