Thursday, February 19, 2009

Free Motion

Last night I tried free motion quilting for the first time. Whoa!! That's going to take some getting used to. lol I just got my new presser foot in last week and this was the first chance I had to try it. I tried it on a place mat I was making. It was really scary at first but got better as it went along. Sometimes I got going too fast and have a few sharp turns and there are some places where my lines overlap. It's also going to take a lot more practice to go at the right speed while I'm moving my project around. Anyway, here's the placemat:

2 comments:

~Niki~ said...

Free motion, IMO, is hard. I can do it, but it is so hard manipulating the fabric up and down, back and forth. I now stick to straight lines with my walking foot lol.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Hi Taryn,
You left a comment on my blog that you would like to receive the BOM patterns I am offering via e-mail. I need an e-mail address to add you to the list so send that along and I will e-mail the pdf files to you. :-)