Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Morning Check In



Wow! Monday again already. I have to say that this time I'm actually excited to check in. I'm down a pound this week. WooHoo!! I guess I didn't do too bad with the kids gone on spring break. We actually only went out to dinner one night instead of every night all week like we usually do. lol I hope that I can keep this momentum going through this week too. Good luck to everyone else this week too. :0)

Now for my recipe. It's one that I started out with a published muffin recipe and have adapted it to make it healthier and the kids will still eat them so it must not be too bad. lol

Banana Blueberry Muffins

1 1/3 c. flour
3/4 c. rolled oats
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. agave nectar
1 egg beaten
1/2 c. milk
3/4 c. mashed banana
1/4 c. canola oil
3/4 c. fresh or frozen blueberries

Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.

In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and set aside.

In another mixing bowl combine agave, egg, milk, banana, and oil. Add all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened. Then gently stir in blueberries.

Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.

Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in cups for about 5 minutes.

2 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Good job Taryn. That recipe sounds delish!!! Thanks for sharing.

Jean said...

Hi Taryn,
I stopped by from Sharon's blog.
The muffin recipe sounds good. Might I ask what type of nectur that is? Not so sure I've heard of it. Thanks Jean
DJCogdill@msn.com