Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thrift shop find

About a month ago (maybe more) I found this really neat piece of fabric in a thrift shop. I had no idea what I would do with it (as usual) but I liked it none the less. It had this really neat fringie kind of thing going on on one end.

It was all folded up and taped all the way around so I couldn't open it up and look at the whole piece. I just figured for $3 I would take my chances. :0)

Well, when I got home with it and opened it up all hidden away in the folds was some naked people eating grapes (or some such scene). What the heck was I going to do with that?! lol After looking at the fabric and thinking on it for awhile I decided to make a wrap skirt. Fortunately the panel was finished on both edges and was just right for wrapping around. I measured to make sure I could get a skirt out of it that was long enough to make me happy without having the nudies across my butt (that's where they would have been.) So I cut it where I thought it would work best and then cut two strips all the way across. I sewed the strips together and used then on the top of the skirt and as the tie. I just put a button hole on one side so the tie can slip through and wrap around.

Obviously I used the fringe for the bottom of the skirt, and with the finished sides I was able to get this with minimal effort. And hey, I've still got the naked people in case I come up with something to use them for. lol Anyway, I'm happy with how it turned out and can't wait to wear it. Wonder if I have a top to go with it?

No comments: